Sunday, April 14, 2013

Aussie Curves - "Maxi Dress"





Hello Aussie Curve-sters, it's time for another Aussie Curves post!

It's been a rather chilly time where I live at the moment, and you can definitely tell that autumn has hit and winter is not too far away. Lots of rain and cloud and not a lot of sun. And this week's challenge is "maxi dress", something that I tend to associate more with being part of a summer outfit. So I wanted to show that they can be worn even when the weather is cooler. And the perfect way to do so is layering!




This dress is from Target and I am quite fond of it. It's a little full in the bust and plunges a little in the front (showing the bra, not so cool) but it's pretty easy to solve with wearing a cami underneath (and a safety pin or two heh).


 


The dress is lined so it's not so thin and it's got nice volume in the skirt. And throwing a jacket over top takes this from summer chic to more a trans-seasonal getup. Adding a pair of wedges and some awesomely blue jewelry completes the look. I love this outfit.



Black, white and blue is one of my all time favourite colour combinations.




I even decided to do something with my nails and add some press-on nails. Looks pretty snazzy, doesn't it? :)




I do wish I could do more with my hair though. I'm the owner of a head of thin, fine hair and apart from keeping it cut short there's not really much that can be done with it unless I wanted to have a knotted frizzy mess. :( Though I have been taking Blackmore's Hair, Skin and Nails for a little while and it seems to have helped somewhat. At least it hasn't been getting worse anyway.

    Hope you all had an awesome week. :)

    4 comments:

    1. loving the pop of bright blue from the necklace, gorgeous!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Love the maxi/denim jacket combo. You and I could almost be twins this week. Great outfit. :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. You look good! I have thin hair too and I soooo feel your pain. I have to tease it and hairspray it, blah blah, just to get it to look normal instead of plastered to my scalp!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great look with the denim jacket. Am loving the turquoise pop as well.

      ReplyDelete