Monday, June 10, 2013

Aussie Curves - "Feminine"




Happy Queens Birthday weekend!

For me, feminine means a couple of things. Dresses. Pearls. And pretty.



This skater dress from the Avella range at Big W I picked up on a whim on Saturday. The bird print reminds me of dresses from the 50s. The skirt is a little shorter than I would normally be comfortable in (and I do wish it had a smidge more volume in the skirt), but wearing it with tights keeps me looking modest-ish. It's not the most quality fabric (it'll probably pill to crap on me after the first wash) but at under $20, can't complain too much.


Here it what it looks like without the cardi. I like how I can pretty it up like in this post, but it can be teamed with a jacket and boots for a more casual look.





And while I was at Big W they were doing a massive accessory sale, with stuff going for $3 a piece. Like the beaded Peter Pan collar and the flower. How could I resist? You might as well call this a big fat (lol) ad for Big W, ha.



I don't get to use this bag that often but I love it. I dunno if it's an authentic Anna Sui or a knockoff but I still feel I have a designer product in my life.


These shoes make an appearance again. They are definitely my go to shoe for challenges because they go with absolutely anything.


  • Cardigan: Target
  • Dress: Avella for Big W
  • Tights: Avella for Big W
  • Jewellry: Emerson for Big W
  • Bag: thrifted
  • Shoes: Obsessed
You may have noticed I also got my hair cropped shorter this week and a little fringe cut in, since I was developing the beginnings of a mullet lol. It's so much lighter now and I feel so much happier with it. :)



18 comments:

  1. Love that dress might be worth the 2 hour drive to my nearest Big W. Very cute and girly outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristy! There were a couple of other dresses there that I'm thinking of picking up, including a cute b&w colour block dress I'm seriously considering. Maybe I'm becoming girlier as I'm aging lol.

      Delete
  2. cute print! love your pearl collar too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress and print, I agree very 1950's print. When I'm wearing something that feels too short, for some reason leggings feel more modest than tights... go figure? Thicker fabric? Or maybe it's all in my head... hee hee hee :) I love the cream cardi and pearls with the navy dress. It brings out the creamy birdy highlights. You look lovely Shannon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah I agree with ya, Alison, I'm usually more comfortable in leggings too when wearing dresses or skirts. But I adore tights when I want to go the girly route. :) And thank you.

      Delete
  4. Oh love them earrings! sweet outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is such a cute dress, love the birdy print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want that pearl collar so hard! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD I think Big W are still doing the accessory sale so if you're lucky you may be able to get one. But I now need to think what other outfits need sprucing up with it...

      Delete
  7. I love the print on the dress, but I'm actually quite taken with your tights.
    How do you find the Avella tights?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really disappointed with the tights, actually. Though I think I should've gotten size 2 since size 1 is just a teensy too tight (lol) on me, but they're pretty comfortable and seem well wearing. I'll have to wear them a couple of times more to get a true opinion of them.

      Delete
  8. SUCH a great dress and those tights are amazing. Love to see someone having so much fun in their photos. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa. :) I wanted to have a bit of fun here, demure and prim isn't my thing at all. XD

      Delete