Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Aussie Curves - "Timesaver"




Timesaver is the theme for this week. We all want to find some way to cut a bit of time in the morning for various reasons. For me, timesaver is all about finding shortcuts in my outfit and can throw on quickly. Because I like to sleep in a little more that I really should, ha.


One timesaver for me is going for outfits and/or pieces of my wardrobe that do double duty. False layers are my dear friends, and this top from TU, I can just throw this on and not have to worry about putting any other tops on because it's a cardigan, shirt and undershirt in one. More cardi though - the shirt and undershirt is attached to the front. I wore the shit out of this during spring last year. Teamed up with a pair of lovely ponte pants, it was something I'd wear on a regular basis. It's lovely and light and the mauve colour is so pretty. And plaid, I adore plaid.

 


  • Top: TU  
  • Pants: Target 
  • Shoes: Obsessed 
  • Necklace: Thrifted

 

Necklace is one I thrifted a while ago, nice and simple and has survived many jewellry box culls.


Today was a beautiful day and I had a casual day because of mandatory training at work, so I was able to don this again. I think it's the first time I've worn pants in this challenge. And I love these ones. Nice slim leg, ponti weight, the perfect length for my short legs (no hemming necessary, yay!) and they make my legs look so slim.

Another timesaver tip that I use daily - while in the shower, that's when I use my cleanser and scrub. It saves a couple of minutes in the morning. And because I'm not a huge makeup wearer, I save time on that as well. For work all I need is BB cream and mascara and I'm ready to go. It only takes 2 minutes for me, tops.



Hope you all had a wonderful timesaver day as well.


3 comments:

  1. Keeping it simple and out the door in minutes. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! Sometimes wearing something simple and non-fussy is the best option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never seen a top like that. Talk about timesaver! Three tops in one, cool!

    ReplyDelete