Thursday, May 02, 2013

Aussie Curves - "High Heels"






 

*cringes at the horrible quality of the photos* Sorry guys, looks like my camera wasn't playing nice this week. A combination of shoddy lighting and just a dying camera. Hoping next weeks pics will be better...

Now, let's talk about heels - I actually don't own any. Even though I'm a rather short person - 5'2" in stocking feet, I haven't really fallen in love with heels, mainly because most I find just hurt my feet. Plus I have rather weak ankles so I dread me + heels = ouch. So you'll never see me cavorting around in a pair of stilettos anytime soon.

So what made me decide to participate in this challenge when I don't wear high heels? Wedges were an option.

Now wedges, I do not mind wearing at all. It's the only type of shoe I'll wear if I want to add some height. Probably because the "heel" runs the entire lenth of the shoe rather than being confined to one small area. Much less chance of me breaking an ankle or toppling over.






These are my favourite pair of wedges. Very comfortable, glamourously peep-toed, and the studded bow on the front, so cute. Not sure how much wear I'll get out of them now that winter is coming and the temperatures drop but I'm gonna get the most wear out of them as I can now. (Apologies for the well-worn pedi, it's probably time for me to redo them.)







I also wanted to show off a couple of my latest acquisitions courtesy of sales. The top is from Autograph, and belt is from Virtu. Jeans are from the TDF range from City Chic. I can never go back to non-skinny jeans now.

Top: Autograph
Jeans: City Chic
Wedges: Target
Necklace: Bling Box




2 comments:

  1. I love wedges too especially peep toe ones! :) They are so cute! Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a wedges fan. Loving the peep toes too. Shame I'm in freezing Melbourne so my peep toes have just been packed away :(

    ReplyDelete